About ready to head to the grocery store for this weeks supplies. I've planned for 6 days worth of meals. The seventh day will be leftovers or eating out. Sometimes we'll have a leftover buffet at the end of the week just to clean the fridge out before stuffing more groceries in.
This week I've gotten a number of recipes from www.tastykitchen.com. My other favorite recipe sites are Allrecipes.com and Pioneer Woman Cooks.
- Mock Shepherds Pie and Salad
- Crispy Honey Lemon Chicken, Rice and Green Beans
- Lentil and Ham Soup
- Queens Potatoes (a la Renaissance Festival)
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast w/ Carrots and Onions over Egg Noodles
- Tilapia (not sure what I'll make with it)
Almost forgot the kids are dying to try a few recipes from a site we discovered on this week's TT&J linky party. The site is called Six Sisters and they have an epic post with great pictures listing 20 kid friendly snacks.
Lawd knows I'm open to suggestions. My boys come home from school starving every single day. And I don't feel good depending on sweets and processed food to satisfy them.