Friday, September 30, 2011

DIY Monogrammed Plate - $3 Foyer Decor





Just did a cute and super cheap craft for our entryway.
Sweet Pea and I took a trip to Joann Fabrics last week for craft supplies and spied a pile of cheap plastic chargers on sale. Now....I know darn well I didn't go there for plates. But I could resist the $1.99 price tag. I chose chocolate brown ( I love me some neutrals!). But they also had a beautiful olive green, burnt orange, deep purple, crimson, gold and silver.
Dang. I should probably buy a few more for later....anyway...
Supplies:
1 charger (or any plain large plate) - $1.99
I wooden initial - $1.00
Two  shades of glitter glue - already had
Modge Podge or Craft Glue - already had
Instructions:
Dust/clean your plate
Apply glue to the back of your letter
Carefully center on your plate
Allow glue to dry for 20 minutes
Evenly apply the first color of glitter glue around the inner edge of the charger/plate.
Evenly apply the second color of glitter glue evenly between the the first color
Apply glue in the same manner on the outside edge of the charger/plate.
Allow glue to set up and dry.
DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment