Friday, September 30, 2011

Novice Wig Wearer Series


Are you  new to the wig game?
Having trouble figuring out what looks good on you?
Do you feel like you're balancing a big, stupid hair hat when wearing wigs and hairpieces?
From one awkward wig wearer to another....this series is for you.
I'll be reviewing my hair purchases as I seek to find a few choice pieces to add to my arsenal. The criteria for each item is as follows:
1. Must look and feel natural. That means only colors that occur in nature. No outlandish or dated styles. And nothing that tries to hard. The last thing I need is to compete with my wig. IT shouldn't be wearing me.
2. Must have believable and reasonable length. I'm sorry....I cannot walk out of the house with 3 feet of additional hair in one day! Though I admire women who switch hair with their moods or outfits I'm far too  conservative. I mean come one....it's weird enough that I'm wearing a foreign object on my head all day. Who wants to discuss their miraculous growth or worse their new wig with casual acquaintances.
3. Must be reasonably priced. If i have to take out a loan or sell a kidney to purchase a wig I'd rather go bald. M'kay? i mean seriously...I could invest the money elsewhere or pay off debt. But I'll be damned if I'm spending obscene amounts of money for the mother of all lace fronts. No ma'am.
4. I should feel like a million bucks wearing it. Otherwise what's the point? It should enhance my beauty and shore up my self esteem. On the days I don't give a damn about my appearance my wig should have me looking presentable in a snap.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not looking for a crutch here. I love my natural hair and enjoy wearing it out often. But there are times when I'm feeling lazy or just want a change of pace. Currently my hair is at an awkwardly short stage. So any thing that helps me grow it out without looking like crap is a godsend.
So stay tuned for my review of the Janet Collection Halle Wig in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment