Friday, September 30, 2011

Janet Collection Halle Wig Review


As you may have guessed I'm fairly new to the wig wearing trend. I've always felt stupid wearing fake hair of any kind. It never occurred to me that the way I could have fun with it. Or that wigs could be used to help grow my TWA out.
This is the 2nd time I've big chopped without a plan for that awkward short stage that doesn't work well with my big head. And the cost of weaves and extensions is cost prohibitive in today's economy. I'm cheap frugal and prefer spending my meager "fun money" on art, crafts, theater, books, etc.  As a result, price and natural appeal were my primary concerns when choosing the units for my small wig collection.

Manufacturer: Janet Collection Wigs
Model: Halle
Vendor: Hair Stop and Shop
Color: FS 4/27
Price: $28.74 (incl shipping)
Pros:
Natural color with well done highlights.
Highlights are not garish, stripey or brassy.
The human hair is good quality and soft.
Easy to style and curls well with flat iron.
Doesn't wash out my complexion.
Made in a classic style that withstands trends. You can wear this forever.
Price was fantastic! Caught it on sale for $20!
It fits securely on my large head without discomfort.
Cons:
Lighter colored units are harder to come by no matter the manufacturer. It took several weeks to find this one in just the right color. But I was able to confidently purchase it online.
Overall Halle is an awesome starter wig. It fits wonderfully and looks as if it could have grown out of scalp. The length is comparable to my own growing TWA. So I still feel like ME when I'm wearing it. As you can see in the video the style, cut and color is classy enough to wear with anything.
Honestly, I don't feel like I'm doing the WIG thing when I'm wearing it. And that's a big plus for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment