Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Homemade Cornbread Recipe - Jiffy Mix Dupe



I've always enjoyed sweet cornbread. And the only one we ever had in the house (as a kid) was Jiffy Mix. Even though Jiffy Mix costs less than $1 at the grocers I choose to make this homemade version I found at www.allrecipes.com. My kids love it!

Ingredients:
1 C all purpose flour
1 C yellow corn meal
2/3 C white sugar
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 C milk
1/3 C vegetable oil

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix all of your ingredients. I typically mix dry ingredients first then add wet ones.
3. Pour mix in a greased a 9 inch round pan.
4. Baked in preheated oven for 20 - 23 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.











Original Recipe

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment